- Easy and fast access to the data without any plug connection
- The distance to the machine is no longer important or the distance between machine and technician or customer is no longer tied to a cable
- Cost savings due to the elimination of cable laying
- Data can also be called up with a safety distance and machines do not have to be stopped
- A better and faster service
Cable replacement by radio link
Manufacturers of machines often use cable connections for maintenance purposes or also for data transfer of machine information. This means that technicians have to plug a cable between the PC/laptop and the machine, e.g. for firmware updates or other service purposes, or the end customer obtains usage information by exchanging mass storage devices or USB sticks. Sometimes the interfaces are difficult to access, the machine has to be stopped (e.g. for safety reasons), data cannot be collected as the machine passes by (e.g. in the case of a forklift, tractor) or, if the machine is very dirty, this is inconvenient for the persons concerned (e.g. in the case of a trash compactor).
Wireless data transmission brings added value in handling and enables new business fields: